One of my absolute favorite simple snacks is root vegetable fries. Root vegetables are super nutrient dense, and make for a crispy and delicious batch of fries with little effort.
I have used this recipe for turnip, rutabaga, parsnip, carrot, celery & parsley root fries. If you manage to save some for later, you can simply pop them in the toaster oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes to crisp up just like new.
- heat the oven to 375 degrees
- clean root, if using rutabaga or celery root peel the outer layer
- chop into fry size pieces- the thiner the pieces, the crispier the fries will be
- mix in a bowl with other ingredients
- place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- bake for 20-30 minutes, or until very crispy
- 1/2 pound root vegetable of your choice (smaller batches make for crispier fries)
- 4 tablespoons organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (optional)