I had the most insanely delicious jicama tortilla tacos at Glasserie late last year, and I have been vowing to make my own ever since. I decided to go for a vegetarian version, and used Primal Palate Taco Seasoning on the veggies before roasting. These turned out super tasty, and I will for sure make them again.
I definitely struggled a bit to slice the jicama as thin as I would have liked. It is pretty delicate and snaps/tears easily. Gonna have to see if there is a better tool to accomplish this for next time.
Note: This recipe makes approx. 6-8 tacos.
- 1/2 cup soy-free mayo
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups carrot noodles
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped rutabaga
- 1/2 leek
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon primal palate taco seasoning
- 1 medium jicama
- clean and chop all veggies to desired size
- put veggies in a bowl, add oil and taco seasoning, mix well
- pour onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- roast at 425 degrees for 35 minutes, or until desired crispiness
- Peel and slice jicama into thin discs
- Place disc one at a time in a steam basket over boiling water
- Let steam for 5-10 minutes, or until disc seems flexible enough to bend into taco shape
- Let them cool, then you can dry them out a bit by blotting with a paper towel or cloth